Quick & Dirty Instructions
- Take the frame apart and clean the glass
- Cut the tint to the rough size of the glass
- Spray the glass with a mix of soap and warm water
- Use a tape to separate tint from support layer
- Carefully place tint with the glueing side on the glas
- Use the squeegee to get rid of bubbles
- Cut the extra tint around the glas
- Cut a whole for the OLED display connectors in the back of the frame (see picture below)
- Put everything back together
- Program the ESP8266 with the WeatherStation code. You can follow this tutorial to set everything up.
|Back of the Magic Mirror with holes for the OLED display connectors|
Tint application instructions
- Frame with thick casing to have space for electronics, e.g. Ribba Frame from IKEA
- Mirrored Car Tint: Buy from the Squix Shop from Banggood.
- WeatherStation with OLED display from Squix Shop for USD $24.50 with free shipping. Or buy ESP8266 (NodeMCU) and SSD1306 Oled Display separately form Banggood
|For the Magic Mirror you just need a Picture Frame, Mirrored Car Tint|
and the WeatherStation Kit which you can order for USD 24.50 here
A ridiculous amount of coffee was consumed in the process of building this post/project. Add some fuel if you'd like to keep me going!