I have been working on a new demo of the Weather Station which is built as a platformio project. It has a few features which are not in the library demo:
- Wifi Signal Quality icon in overlay
- Weather Icon, temperature and time in overlay
- By using Wifi Manager you can keep the wifi passwords out of your source code
How to get it running?
Download the Platformio IDE from here for your operating system and clone my github project. Now open the IDE and open the weather station project folder. No more need to install libraries manually, the platformio.ini file does this for you! You might still have to adapt:
- Your display pins (SDA & SCL)
- The Wunderground API key, location and language
- Your Thinkspeak credentials
A ridiculous amount of coffee was consumed in the process of building this post/project. Add some fuel if you'd like to keep me going!